Examples of osmoconformer in the following topics:
- Aquatic organisms with various salt tolerances adapt to their environments through osmoregulation and osmoconformation.
- Most marine invertebrates, on the other hand, may be isotonic with sea water (osmoconformers).
- Osmoconformers are marine animals which, in contrast to osmoregulators, maintain the osmolarity of their body fluids such that it is always equal to the surrounding seawater.
- Osmoconformers decrease the net flux of water into or out of their bodies from diffusion.
- Many species of fish and invertebrates have various methods to control or conform to the shifts in salt concentrations and are termed osmoconformers and osmoregulators.