Examples of striated in the following topics:
- Muscle tissue can be classified functionally as voluntary or involuntary
and morphologically as striated or non-striated.
skeletal myocytes are elongated and tubular and appear striated with multiple peripheral
- As with skeletal muscle, cardiac muscle is striated; however
it is not consciously controlled and so is classified as involuntary.
- Smooth muscle is non-striated and involuntary.
- Skeletal muscles are composed of striated subunits called sarcomeres, which are composed of the myofilaments actin and myosin.
- The regular organization of these sarcomeres gives skeletal and cardiac
muscle their distinctive striated appearance.
- Cardiomyocytes are distinctive muscle cells that are striated like skeletal muscle, but pump rhythmically and involuntarily like smooth muscle; they are connected by intercalated disks exclusive to cardiac muscle .
- Smooth muscle tissue is also called non-striated as it lacks the banded appearance of skeletal and cardiac muscle .