Boundless alternative to
Campbell Biology 9th Edition
by Jane B. Reece, Lisa A. Urry, Michael L. Cain, Steven A. Wasserman, Peter V. Minorsky, Robert B. Jackson
- Used by millions of students
- Recommended by
- Gives Boundless an A+
Chapter 14: Mendelian Inheritance The Boundless alternative to Campbell Biology 9th Edition
1Mendel’s Experiments and the Laws of Probability
- Mendel’s Model System
- Mendelian Crosses
- Garden Pea Characteristics Revealed the Basics of Heredity
- Probability Basics
2Characteristics and Traits
- Phenotypes and Genotypes
- The Punnett Square Approach for a Monohybrid Cross
- Alternatives to Dominance and Recessiveness
- X-Linked Traits
- Human Sex-Linked Disorders
3Laws of Inheritance
- Pairs of Unit Factors, or Genes
- Alleles Can Be Dominant or Recessive
- Equal Segregation of Alleles
- Independent Assortment
- Linked Genes Violate the Law of Independent Assortment
Chapter 14: Sample Flashcards
law of segregationa diploid individual possesses a pair of alleles for any particular trait and each parent passes one of these randomly to its offspring
linkagethe property of genes of being inherited together
epistasisthe modification of the expression of a gene by another unrelated one
Chapter 14: Sample Quiz Questions
- Which is one of the seven characteristics that Mendel observed in pea plants?
- Why was the fact that Mendel used "true-breeding" plants so important for the success of his research?
It's not your textbook: it's better. Everything you need to learn in Chapter 12 of Campbell Biology 9th Edition plus insanely sophisticated flashcards and challenging quizzes.
Chapters, key term definitions, and anything else at your fingertips. Fast and intuitive navigation so you can spend more time studying and less time searching.
Smart flashcards use personalized spaced repetition algorithms to measure when you are likely to forget important material, and prompt you with the right flashcard at the right time to boost your memory.
Expertly-created, integrated quizzes challenge you while you read at key points within the text. Boundless Smart Quizzes enhance your memorization and understanding.
It's like your professor summarized the readings for you.
Highlight key points and key terms so you can come back to them later.
Add notes to your highlights to make them even more meaningful.