Examples of displacement in the following topics:
- Human language is unique because it is generative, recursive, and has displacement.
- Specifically, human language is unique on the planet because it
has the qualities of generativity, recursion, and displacement.
- Human language has displacement.
- Ants and ravens also have limited displacement
- Human language is also modality-independent—that is, it is
possible to use the features of displacement, generativity, and recursion
across multiple modes.
- For instance, psychotherapy with children and their parents often involves play, role-play, and drawing, with a co-constructed narrative from these non-verbal and displaced modes of interacting.