Definition of passionate love
a form of love marked by an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire
Examples of passionate love in the following topics:
- Passionate versus Companionate LovePassionate love is mostly expressed in a physical manner; it is a love that is shared between people who are intensely enamored with each other.
- Passionate love is an emotional love that is both exciting and intense, and can be defined as a state of intense longing for union with another.
- Companionate love, on the other hand, is best defined as passionate love that has settled to a warm enduring love between partners in a relationship.
- Often found in long term relationships, the companionate love shared between partners consists of fewer ups and downs than what is found in passionate love.
- From an evolutionary point of view, both passionate and companionate love are adaptive, the former because it increases the likelihood of procreating, and the latter because it increases the likelihood of a long-term relationships and joint-parenting, which historically increased children's chances of survival.
- Love and attraction are multifaceted and multidetermined, and numerous factors influence how they are felt and expressed.