Boundless alternative to
Psychology in Action 10th Edition
by Karen Huffman
- Used by millions of students
- Recommended by
- Gives Boundless an A+
Chapter 14: Psychological Disorders The Boundless alternative to Psychology in Action 10th Edition
1Introduction to Psychological Disorders
- Definition of Abnormal: The Challenge in Defining "Normal"
- Classifying Abnormal Behavior: Introducing the DSM
- Explaining Abnormal Behavior
- Social Issues in Diagnosis
- Definition of Anxiety Disorders
- Explaining Anxiety Disorders
- Phobic Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
3Somatoform and Dissociative Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
Chapter 14: Sample Flashcards
positive symptomany behavior not seen in healthy people that correlate with a loss of contact with reality; a disorder of commission
negative symptomany behavior that healthy people have that is lacking in the non-healthy person; disorder of omission
schizophreniaA psychiatric diagnosis denoting a persistent, often chronic, mental illness variously affecting behavior, thinking, and emotion.
Chapter 14: Sample Quiz Questions
- In what way do DSM diagnoses limit our understanding of mental illness?
- Which of the following is an example of deviant behavior that is not necessarily indicative of a mental disorder?
It's not your textbook: it's better. Everything you need to learn in Chapter 37 of Psychology in Action 10th Edition plus insanely sophisticated flashcards and challenging quizzes.
Chapters, key term definitions, and anything else at your fingertips. Fast and intuitive navigation so you can spend more time studying and less time searching.
Smart flashcards use personalized spaced repetition algorithms to measure when you are likely to forget important material, and prompt you with the right flashcard at the right time to boost your memory.
Expertly-created, integrated quizzes challenge you while you read at key points within the text. Boundless Smart Quizzes enhance your memorization and understanding.
It's like your professor summarized the readings for you.
Highlight key points and key terms so you can come back to them later.
Add notes to your highlights to make them even more meaningful.