Boundless alternative to
Psychology in Everyday Life 2nd Edition
by David G. Myers
- Used by millions of students
- Recommended by
- Gives Boundless an A+
Chapter 10: Stress and Influences on Health The Boundless alternative to Psychology in Everyday Life 2nd Edition
1Foundations of Health Psychology
- Introducing Health Psychology
2Models for Positive Change
- Stages of Change
- The Link Between Psychology and Health
- The Biopsychosocial Model
- Understanding Stress
- How the Body Responds to Stress
- How Stress Impacts our Health
- Specific Effects of Stress: Cardiovascular Diseases
- Specific Effects of Stress: Cancer
- Specific Effects of Stress: PTSD
Chapter 10: Sample Flashcards
Health PsychologyHealth psychology is concerned with understanding how biological, psychological, environmental, and cultural factors are involved in physical health and the prevention of illness.
BiopsychosocialRelating to the biopsychosocial perspective, the idea that the mind and the body are inseparable entities
IngestTo take into the body, as for digestion.
Chapter 10: Sample Quiz Questions
- Negative stressors are generallyperceived to be:
- Prolonged elevated levels of stress hormones leads to the decrease in all of the following EXCEPT:
It's not your textbook: it's better. Everything you need to learn in Chapter 36 of Psychology in Everyday Life 2nd Edition plus insanely sophisticated flashcards and challenging quizzes.
Chapters, key term definitions, and anything else at your fingertips. Fast and intuitive navigation so you can spend more time studying and less time searching.
Smart flashcards use personalized spaced repetition algorithms to measure when you are likely to forget important material, and prompt you with the right flashcard at the right time to boost your memory.
Expertly-created, integrated quizzes challenge you while you read at key points within the text. Boundless Smart Quizzes enhance your memorization and understanding.
It's like your professor summarized the readings for you.
Highlight key points and key terms so you can come back to them later.
Add notes to your highlights to make them even more meaningful.