Examples of superstition in the following topics:
- Religious adherents often distinguish religious belief from superstition.
- The term superstition refers to what are seen as excessive or false religious behaviors as opposed to proper or accepted religious standards.
- Religious adherents often distinguish their own religious beliefs from superstition.
- Both religion and superstition seek meaning in otherwise random and chaotic events.
- However, the term "superstition" refers to what the speaker sees as excessive or false religious behavior as opposed to belief or behavior within a proper or accepted religious standard.
- superstition (noun) A belief, not based on human reason or scientific knowledge, that future events may be influenced by one's behaviour in some magical or mystical way.