Skip Main Navigation

Should I include unauthorized work in my employment history?

Apr 14, 2021

Boundless Ask an Immigration Attorney

Should I include unauthorized work in my employment history?

Accuracy and honesty on a marriage-based green card application are extremely important. Successful applicants therefore list all of their employment history, including any period of unauthorized work.

Leaving out this information can have potentially bigger consequences (such as denial of the application) than previously working without authorization.

Want to sign up for our weekly newsletter covering all things immigration?

Enter your email below.

We’ve prepared a detailed guide to completing the “employment history” section of the marriage-based green card application.

I have moved since I submitted my application – do I need to let USCIS know for each form?

Yes, an applicant should change the address for each form to avoid missing any important notices from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) about any of the forms. We’ve put together this detailed guide on how to report a change of address to USCIS.

Do you have an immigration question? Boundless can help! Our Ask An Attorney program gives you consultations with a vetted immigration attorney, for just $79. Get started today!

Boundless — for people who want the expertise
of an immigration lawyer, not the price tag.