Who we are
At Boundless, our mission is empowering families to navigate the immigration system more confidently, rapidly, and affordably. We provide the tools, information, and personalized support to help guide immigrants through this experience with as much peace of mind as possible. We are backed by top venture firms in Seattle and around the country.
Why this work is important
Immigration is life-changing. There are so many hurdles to starting a new life in a new country, and the work you do at Boundless can directly improve the lives of millions of people who seek confidence in their immigration journey.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for a role, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a few paragraphs about why you are interested in Boundless.
Boundless is looking for a product designer to expand on Boundless’ offerings, improve the Boundless service for immigrants, and grow with the company.
In this role, you will:
- Explore the complexities of the immigration space with immense empathy. Come up with design solutions to meet the needs of our users.
- Create design solutions that effectively embody product functions and brand identity. This includes the design and production of digital interfaces, services, as well as print based communications, et al.
- Work with a team of designers and developers to expand and evolve the design language of an early stage startup.
- Communicate design solutions effectively to engineers and product managers. Support engineers with design rationale, annotations and assets in the product development process.
- Ideate and execute in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
We are looking for:
- High-caliber product design skills. A deep understanding of user experience design, interaction modeling, typography, composition, and layout principles. Intimate knowledge of current digital design trends and conventions.
- Experience conceiving and iterating product features based on data, business strategy, as well as your own designerly intuition.
- 4+ years of experience as a designer in the digital product space.
- Design experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline.
- Fluent in digital design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong collaborator with designers and non-designers alike.
- Mature organizational skills. Excellent self-starter. Able to be effective working both independently and in teams.
- Illustration skills.
- Motion design skills.
- Cross-cultural personal experience, or experience designing for diverse user groups.
- Experience working in startup environments.
Do you intuitively understand what to say to encourage and empathize with others, especially during stressful moments? Do you have an eye for details and love checklists? Do your friends and family tell you that you’re magical at explaining complex topics? If you answered yes to the above and are ready to join a fast-growing technology startup that’s changing the world, we are looking for you!
We are looking for passionate customer success team members who believe that the right combination of technology and people can achieve amazing things.
In this role, during your first month, you will:
- Learn about our customer. Listen to customer calls, watch chats, and read support and help emails. Really understand what our immigrant families are confused about and what would be most helpful.
- Learn about the immigration system. Read articles and reports outlining how the family-based immigration process works and talk to our in-house immigration law and policy experts about what families struggle through.
- Learn about the immigration application process. Understand what forms and documents are required, how successful applications are put together, and what happens after an application is mailed off to the government.
- Change a family’s life. Help a customer through the entire application preparation process and hear their excitement as they marvel over the flawless application that will help them stay together.
Within three months, you will:
- Manage a caseload of customers from all over the world. Own their process from end-to-end, answering all of their questions with clarity and empathy (over phone, email, or chat), ensuring their application is complete and re-assuring them through this stressful process.
- Scale your efforts to be more effective. Create processes and implement templates, guides, and tools that allow you to efficiently and effectively help even more customers. Contribute to our customer knowledge base and support content.
- Make a mistake! With scale and experimentation comes mistakes. You will follow our operational process to recover from the mistake, have a blameless learning session about the root cause of the issue, and implement action items for us not to repeat the same mistake in the future.
Within one year, you will:
- Guide new product development to help Boundless be more successful. As you manage the front lines of our customers’ needs, you will have an innate understanding of our customers. You will share that knowledge and work with our design and engineering teams on new tools and features to help address our customers’ biggest problems.
- Help add to our public-facing resources. Write blogs and articles that will help address common, general immigration questions. Help develop customer testimonials and case studies.
- Work with your manager to identify three personal learning goals for yourself and identify concrete steps to reach these goals.
We are a small (for now) team of customers success advocates working out of Pioneer Square, Seattle. The only requirements for this position are that you can clearly communicate in English in writing and verbally over the phone (second, third, fourth languages are incredibly helpful as well!), and that you have an absolute passion for providing customers the absolute best experience.
We are looking for great engineers to form the foundation of our engineering team for years to come. If you want to create a meaningful impact on the world with technology; if you share our belief that bringing empathy to our customers, our product, and our team will bring success; and if you are always on the lookout to get better at what you do, Boundless is the right place for you.
In this role, during your first month you will:
- Be assigned a mentor, who will pair with you most of the time as you learn about our codebase, our deployment, and our process.
- Work with your mentor and our design team to ship a complete feature for our mobile or web application.
- Periodically join our customer support lines and customer feedback sessions to hear directly from immigrants about their concerns, problems, and frustrations in their immigration journey.
Within three months, you will:
- Look at usage metrics, measure the effectiveness of your feature, and make adjustments to improve its effectiveness.
- Make a mistake! You will then run through our operational process to recover from the mistake, have a blameless learning session about the issue, and implement action items for us not to repeat the same mistake in the future.
- Work with your manager to identify three personal development goals for yourself and identify concrete steps to reach these goals.
- Continue pairing with other team members until you are comfortable working on your own in our codebase.
Within a year, you will:
- Have an innate understanding of our customers, so that you will be able to identify an important problem, come up with ideas to solve this problem, and work with others in the engineering, design, marketing, and customer success teams to solve this problem.
- Contribute to our infrastructure, automation, and testing to ensure a sustainable work environment for our team.
- Help the newer members of our ever-growing team have an ever-improving onboarding and learning experience.
- Play an essential role in building an inclusive and high-performing culture at Boundless.