Skip Main Navigation

Do jobs sponsor green cards?


Yes, a U.S. company can sponsor a green card for a foreign national employee based on a full-time, permanent job offer. Many jobs in the United States do sponsor green cards for foreign nationals. 

The process involves the employer acquiring an approved Application for Permanent Labor Certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) in most cases. Following this, the employer can file Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the foreign national.

Employees who can be sponsored include those who qualify under various employment-based (EB) immigrant visa categories, such as professionals with advanced degrees, skilled workers, or individuals with extraordinary abilities in their fields. 

Filing the petition signifies the employer’s readiness to hire the employee upon approval.

Answered by a Boundless Immigration Expert

Accelerate the hiring process for foreign talent

Request a demo 

Get reliable immigration services from Boundless

Check eligibility