Skip Main Navigation

Can I marry my fiancé while my I-129F is pending?


Yes, you can marry your fiancé while your I-129F petition is pending. However, getting married before the approval of the I-129F would mean you then need to file a spousal visa application (CR-1) rather than the fiancé visa (K-1) petition. If you plan on getting married while your I-129F petition is still in progress, it’s best to seek advice from an immigration attorney.

Answered by a Boundless Immigration Expert

Learn more about the eligibility requirements, processing time, and costs of Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé)

Explore Boundless

Premium immigration support without the high price tag. Browse our services.

Our Services