Bridging Work and Family Visas!
Read Our Big News

Skip Main Navigation
Better Business Bureau
Business of the Year

Visa Guide:
How to move from
Haiti to the U.S.

Find your visa

Boundless is your best bet at immigration success.

Get personalized support as you move from Haiti to the U.S.

Marriage Green Card

Start Now

K-1 Fiancé Visa

Start Now

Boundless has helped many families from Haiti over the last year. We've helped over 70,000 families in the last decade.

Here's how to apply for specific visas, contact the U.S. embassy in Haiti, and more:

K-1 Fiancé Visa

General process

Looking to apply for a K-1 fiancé visa from Haiti? The general K-1 visa process looks the same for Haitian citizens as it does for applicants from other countries. More information on K-1 wait times, costs, and requirements can be found in Boundless’ K-1 guide. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of K-1 costs and processing times:

Timeline for haitian applicants

K-1 Visa Timeline

Cost for haitian applicants

K1 Visa Costs

Marriage-Based Green Cards

General Process

If you and your partner are already married, or considering marriage soon, you may be thinking about applying for a marriage-based green card. Similar to the K-1 visa, the marriage-based green card process is standard for Haitian citizens. Wait times, costs, and requirements differ depending on where the Haitian spouse lives and whether the sponsoring spouse is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. More information can be found in Boundless’ marriage-based green card guide. Here’s a more detailed breakdown of the costs and processing times for your specific situation:

Timeline for haitian applicants

Marriage Green Card Timeline

Cost for haitian applicants

Marriage Green Card Cost

Which Visa is Right for Me?

Spouse Visa Timeline

Immigrating with Children

K-2 Visas

Looking to immigrate from Haiti with your children? If you’re going the K-1 visa route, the K-2 visa may be a good option for your family. The K-2 visa can be used by the children of a K-1 fiancé visa holder to enter the United States and immigrate with their parent at the same time.

Boundless can help you include any unmarried children under the age of 21 on your K-1 fiancé visa application for no extra charge. Learn more about what we do to help.

IR-2 Child Visas

If you’re a U.S. citizen and your child is living in Haiti, it may be possible to sponsor them for a green card through the IR-2 child visa process. More information on the process and requirements can be found in Boundless’ IR-2 guide.

Boundless can help you include your children on your green card application for just $450 per child. Check your family’s eligibility here.

U.S. Embassy Information

All immigrant visa applications in Haiti are processed at the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince:

U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince
Tabarre 41
Route de Tabarre
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Phone: 011-509-2229-8000

For questions regarding immigrant visas, applicants in Haiti can contact the U.S. Embassy Port-au-Prince directly via email: or via phone (011-509-2812-2929) Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Applicants can also email customer service representatives at

Special Considerations

covid-19 update

Due to the current status of COVID-19 cases in Haiti, the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince has reduced the number of in-person visa appointments and interviews at this time. The embassy’s Immigrant Visa Unit is currently prioritizing “cases for adopted children of U.S. citizens, cases in which an applicant would otherwise “age out” of a visa category, and certain emergency cases”. As conditions improve, the embassy will also be prioritizing other family-based cases, such as spousal and K-1 visas. Please be sure to visit the embassy website frequently for any updates.

temporary protected status (tps)

Due to ongoing social unrest and security concerns in Haiti, the Department of Homeland Security designated Haiti for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) on May 21, 2021. As of now, the designation will last for 18 months (until February 3, 2023) and allows for any Haitians currently residing in the U.S. to apply for TPS status and work authorization, so long as they meet the eligibility requirements.

More details on the designation, who is eligible to apply, and how to apply for TPS online with USCIS can be found here.

immigrant visa approval steps

Once an applicant’s immigrant visa is approved, the consular officer will attach the Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV) to a page of the applicant’s passport, which will be delivered to a DHL pickup area. The applicant should double check the visa for errors. If any are spotted, the applicant should contact the embassy immediately. You can learn more about the visa application process on the US. Department of State’s website.

Additional Resources

Temporary Protected Status Information

Family-based Immigration – Embassy Information

Fiancé Visa – Embassy Information

U.S. Visa Information Service for Haiti

Civil Documents – Reciprocity Schedule

Here's why Haitian families are choosing Boundless:

Need help finding the right family visa for you?

Start by browsing Boundless' immigration services.

Find the best visa for you