Skip Main Navigation

Is Adjustment of Status Right For You?

Save Time and Money and Secure Your Green Card with Boundless

Get started


Insights from former USCIS officers and immigration attorneys



Top-rated application support that fits your budget



Simplified and streamlined process with a 99.7% success rate

Is the Adjustment of Status (Green Card) Process Right For You?

The adjustment of status process allows certain non-U.S. citizens within the United States to apply for lawful permanent residency — also known as a green card — without having to leave the U.S. The process is typically used by individuals who entered the U.S. on a temporary visa, such as a student or work visa, and wish to become permanent residents.

We know that the green card process is complex and often challenging, and we want to help you apply confidently.

Answer a few quick questions to get started.

Get started

Frequently Asked Questions

Adjustment of Status

Who is eligible to apply?

You can qualify for a family-based green card as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or green card holder. To use AOS, you must have used a valid visa or the Visa Waiver Program for your most recent entry to the United States. Most applicants must be in lawful status when they first apply, even if their visa later expires before the process is complete.

How long does the AOS process take?

The processing timeline for an AOS marriage-based green card application currently averages 9.3 months.  Processing times can vary based on your specific situation.

How much does it cost to apply?

The current total cost for the AOS marriage-based green card process is $3005. These fees do not reflect additional costs, such as translating and photocopying your documents and obtaining required documents such as your birth certificate.

What forms do I need to submit?

First, the U.S. citizen sponsor will need to file Form I-130 (officially called the “Petition for Alien Relative”). Next, the green card applicant will complete the adjustment of status application (Form I-485). You may also want to file requests for a work permit and “advance parole” travel document so that you can work and travel while your green card is pending.

What You Get With Our AOS Service

  • Expertise and updates from the only visa company recognized by the U.S. government
  • Step-by-step guidance, with live support 7 days a week, and attorney review
  • Affordable, easy online process, with flexible payment plans
  • Guaranteed approval, or your money back

No matter how unique or complex your situation might seem, Boundless can help you apply faster, easier, and more confidently. Get started today!

Boundless is your best bet at Adjustment of Status success.