The Boundless American Dream Scholarship will provide financial support to exceptionally promising students who fulfill the requirements of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) or Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and who want to make the world a better place through technology.
Boundless will provide $1,500 to improve the student’s ability to design and build technology that solves real problems, based on the student’s own vision and needs (including but not limited to support for college/university/graduate studies tuition, attending a coding boot camp, taking an online course, attending a professional conference, or building an early-stage prototype product for a startup idea).
The law firm of Fenwick & West has also agreed to match us, offering an additional $1,500! This contribution enables Boundless to sponsor three exceptional students in 2019.
The 2019 Boundless American Dream Scholars will be selected for their academic excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and dedication to community service.
You are eligible to receive this scholarship if:
- You are a current student at or applying to an accredited U.S. community college, four-year college, or university.
- You have DACA or TPS or certify that you meet the immigration eligibility criteria set forth below:
- You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2013.
- You came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday.
- You have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2008, up to the present time.
- You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2013 and had no lawful status.
- You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
- You have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors in the categories which would have disqualified you for DACA, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
- You will apply for lawful presence or legal status as soon as the laws allow you to do so.
Apply for the Boundless American Dream Scholarship by complete this online application by May 31, 2019. We will notify the winners by July 4, 2019. The application requires the following information about the student:
- Biographical information [name, address, college, major, etc.]
- Most recent college transcript (if applicable)
- Resume (including extracurricular activities, awards, and honors)
- Three responses, letting us know:
- What does the American dream mean to you? (250 words max)
- What is something you previously achieved in the face of long odds? (250 words max)
- What impact do you hope to make in the world through technology and how would the Boundless American Dream Scholarship help you achieve that impact? (250 words max)
All applicants to the Boundless American Dream Scholarship acknowledge and agree to the following:
Boundless will select scholarship recipients and determine award amounts, in its sole discretion. All applicants agree to accept these decisions as final.
Boundless reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time, including termination of the program.
Applicants authorize Boundless to review the information they provide in their application, including confidential information, for the purpose of determining their eligibility for the Boundless American Dream Scholarship.